Land Line Now, Jan. 21, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An executive order regarding face masks has many truckers concerned. But it may not be what you think it is. Also, a regulatory freeze.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The nomination for DOT Secretary testifies before Congress. President Joe Biden has a busy first day in office. And it’s hunting season in Oklahoma. Bigfoot, that is.
II. Is this a regulatory freeze, or is it just cold in here?
The Biden administration is starting with something that’s common among all new administrations – a freeze on their predecessor’s last-minute regulatory actions. We’ll also have information about the drivers who will advise FMCSA and an early appointment at the agency.
III. States eye changes to speed limits
States have speed on the brain – with some considering slowing down traffic, others eyeing speeding it up, and some thinking about simply having them all move the same speed.
IV. Face masks required? We’ll clear it all up
An executive order regarding face masks has many truckers concerned. But it may not be what you think it is. Also, more information about the new deputy administrator nominee for FMCSA.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The U.S. DOT’s Automated Vehicles Comprehensive Plan is now open for comments. You can read the plan and submit comments here. The comment period is open for 60 days.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Barstow, Calif. That’s at Exit 178 off Interstate 15. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective face masks.
- You can read more about the ‘regulatory freeze’ here.
- Find out who will be on the MCSAC Driver Subcommittee.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.