LLN 10/11/19) – Ethics Watchdog group is keeping an eye on Pennsylvania Representative Matt Cartwright. He is behind a bill to drastically raise truck insurance premiums and may have broken House ethics rules. A nonprofit organization wants an investigation. A broker has dozens of ways to make you pay for someone else’s mistake on a load, but we’ve got remedies. And the general public often has misconceptions about trucking. Sometimes it’s up to trucker to straighten them out with today’s teachable moment.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:14 – General public misconceptions about truck drivers will be set straight.
24:14-38:43 – We have more remedies for problems you may experience with your broker.
38:43-48:28 – Watchdog Ethics group files more complaints against PA Congressman.
- OOIDA will be at the California Trucking Show on Oct. 12-13 at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, Calif. That’s at Exit 55 off Interstate 10. Stop in, say hi to the folks from the home office, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount.
The general public often has a lot of misconceptions about trucking and sometimes it’s up to truckers to straighten them out. Terry Scruton talks to Land Line Magazine’s Wendy Parker about a teachable moment she had at a recent event in Ohio.
- You can read more of Wendy’s experience here: Conversations while tucked between the Dayton Bomb Squad and the Batmobile.
A broker has dozens of ways to make you pay for someone else’s mistake on a load. Mark Reddig discusses a few – and what remedies you have – with Tom Crowley of OOIDA’s Business Services Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
We’ll get an update on some recent developments on proposed legislation sponsored by Rep. Matt Cartwright. The congressman who authored the bill wants you to pay a lot more for your insurance coverage. Mary McKenna and Bryce Mongeon with OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office will have the latest on the latest regarding ethics complaints filed against him.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: