The EPA is holding a roundtable discussion regarding new proposed emissions standards for large trucks. We’ll discuss what aspects of the regulation they’re likely to cover and more.
Listen to our full show
The EPA is holding a roundtable discussion regarding new proposed emissions standards for large trucks. We’ll discuss what aspects of the regulation they’re likely to cover and more. Also, when we talk about drug problems, people typically think about the serious stuff, but rarely think of one of the most addictive drugs of all – nicotine. We’ll hear about smoking and its consequences. And a bill nearing passage in Colorado would give those not eligible for workers’ comp an alternative, while Pennsylvania considers bringing toll collection into the 21st Century.
Catch up on the news with Scott Thompson
Diesel prices skyrocket to an all-time high. FMCSA is full speed ahead with its speed limiter proposal. And the OOIDA Foundation is asking members to check their email inboxes for an important survey.
Smoking and its consequences
When we talk about drug problems, people typically think about the serious stuff, but rarely think of one of the most addictive drugs of all – nicotine. We’ll hear about smoking, its consequences and its link to more serious addictions from Dr. John McElligott of the St. Christopher Fund. Also, the EPA has proposed new nitrogen oxide emission standards for trucks. OOIDA has issued a Call to Action, and we’ll have the details.
Bill would make occupational accident available in Colorado
A bill nearing passage in Colorado would give those not eligible for workers’ comp an alternative, while Pennsylvania considers bringing toll collection into the 21st Century.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Battle Creek, Mich., at Exit 104 off Interstate 94. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- The EPA has proposed new emission standards for trucks beginning in Model Year 2027. The proposal seeks feedback on two options. Read OOIDA’s guide to making comments. The deadline for comments is May 16 and you can submit those here.You can also send any experiences you’ve had with emissions technology, other feedback, or additional information to EPA@ooida.com.
- The EPA will be hosting two Microsoft Teams meetings on May 5 to present a summary of the serviceability and inducement proposals that were included in our proposed heavy-duty vehicle emissions rulemaking.
- Meetings will occur on Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 12 p.m. Eastern and again at 6:30 p.m. Eastern
- The meeting is free of charge and open to the public
- Please email ASDfirstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend the meeting. Pre-registration is not required, but is suggested to ensure we have enough spots available.
- Find out more about Occupational Health Systems at OHSWest.com.
- You can find out more about the St. Christopher Fund at TruckersFund.org.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu on the Land Line Media website.