Land Line Now, Aug. 4, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
ELD oversight, a place for coercion complaints and a closer look at truck leasing are all part of the proposed Senate infrastructure bill.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The bipartisan infrastructure bill gets buried in amendments. The results of this year’s Roadcheck are in. And a bear goes foraging for food in a Tennessee restaurant.
II. Survey to look at what trucks are out there
To figure out what trucks need in terms of highway infrastructure, it’s probably a good idea to know what exactly the trucks are going to be on the highways. Now, three federal agencies are preparing to conduct a survey to discover just that – and OOIDA says it could be good news for truckers.
III. Freight crunch on the West Coast?
The West Coast is experiencing a major freight crunch right now and owner-operators could reap the benefits.
IV. ELDs, coercion, leases all to get a look in infrastructure bill
While the infrastructure bill in the Senate is mostly about paving roads and building things, it also contains policy points that include an examination of truck leasing, coercion, ELD oversight and more. We’ll discuss the less-known aspects of the bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation will offer the Truck to Success seminar in person at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo., or online via Zoom Oct. 26-28. Registration is now open.
- Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Ault Truck Show at CR 33 north of Highway 14 in Ault, Colo. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- In February 2022, three federal agencies will launch a nine-month Vehicle Inventory and Use Survey. OOIDA is encouraging truckers to take part. Find more information here, or contact the Census Bureau at 844-395-4085.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.