Land Line Now, June 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
We’ll have some advice about what you should – or shouldn’t – do if the economy has you questioning your investments. Also, Cincinnati’s sales tax for roads.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
More information comes to light on the truck driver who drove into protesters in Minneapolis; diesel prices resume their fall after a slight bump last week; and It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s … a turtle? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Investing in a touchy economy
The state of the economy has people questioning their investments. Knowing what to do with your money can be a little confusing. We’ll have advice on what you should and shouldn’t be doing right now.
III. Paying for roads – sales and gas taxes
Voters in a large U.S. city have approved a sales tax to pay for roads and transit. Meanwhile, a gas tax is extended in Portland, Ore.
IV. Detention, parking on list for highway bill
Later this week, the U.S. House Transportation Committee will unveil their version of the next highway bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Arizona Department of Transportation’s 511 website now offers information about available parking capacity at state rest areas.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Laurel, Mont. That’s at Exit 437 on Interstate 90. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about One Advisory Partners online.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.