Land Line Now, Aug. 5, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The general economy affects truckers’ livelihoods, but how does it affect your bottom line, and how much? We’ll explain. Also, market uncertainty and rates.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA speaks out for truckers at the FMCSA Trucking Safety Summit, SuperRigs is going virtual this year, and I don’t think that’s what they mean by snaking your toilet.
II. The economy and your bottom line
It’s obvious to everyone that the general economy affects truckers’ livelihoods. But how does it affect your bottom line, and how much?
III. Your personal economy: An uncertain market and rates
Uncertainty in the market isn’t helping contract rates, but spot market rates are reaping the benefits.
IV. Trucking Safety Summit post-game review
Earlier today, trucking industry officials and other interested parties met to discuss how to improve safety in the trucking industry. And one participant was there with a mission to offer a reality check for participants.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- SuperRigs is going virtual. You can find more information and register online.
- A trucking company in Florida is offering a reward for information on missing trailer.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2012 Peterbilt 386. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Tower Tree Truck Classic at the Decatur County Fairgrounds in Greensburg, Ind. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- You can get more information on bankruptcy here.
- You can use a cost of operations calculator here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.