Land Line Now, Sept. 8, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
COVID-19 has affected just about everything, but it’s affecting more than you know. And among those things is how you get an alcohol or drug test.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The IRS is raising its per diem rate for first time in three years. Diesel prices are on the rise again. And the 23-hour drive that made the Guinness Book of World Records.
II. Pandemic affects drug test system
Over the past 15 or so months, it seems like COVID-19 has affected just about everything, but it’s even affecting things you may not know about – or expect. And among those things is how you get an alcohol or drug test.
III. Hurricane Ida and the freight market, Part II.
Hurricane Ida had a profound effect on the markets last week. We’ll go over the scope of that impact and where it was felt the most, as well as where the market is trending now.
IV. That’s one big budget
If you thought the price tag on the $3.5 trillion federal budget was high, you’re not alone. Republicans are now joined by several Democrats who are expressing concerns. We’ll explain what the concerns are and how they could affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Elgin, Ill. That’s at Exit 42 off Interstate 90. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you have questions about drug testing, call OOIDA’s Business Services at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.