Land Line Now, Jan. 20, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse continues to confound truckers – and in one state, CDL holders have been unable to meet requirements.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Diesel prices rise for the 11th straight week. A former OOIDA board member passes away. And an Indiana State Trooper makes a special delivery.
II. Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse problems continue
The deadline for Drug and Clearinghouse queries has come and gone, but issues remain – and in one state, CDL holders have been unable to fulfill their requirements.
III. The seasonal slowdown
Freight and rates are hitting a seasonal slowdown.
IV. Transportation nominee faces Senate
Tomorrow will bring us the first confirmation hearing for Pete Buttigieg, the nominee for secretary of transportation. We’ll preview what we can expect and explain why it matters.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Wheeler Ridge TA in Arvin, Calif. That’s at Exit 219A off Interstate 5. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- You can find more information on OOIDA’s CMCI services You can also call the office at 800-288-3784.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.