Land Line Now, July 22, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An FMCSA committee meeting and an article by the transportation secretary discuss turnover and retention instead of a driver shortage.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A bipartisan infrastructure plan slows down in the Senate. The U.S. will keep its borders closed for another month. And making the best of a bad (road) situation.
II. Driver shortage out, driver turnover and retention in
Driver shortage? What driver shortage? An FMCSA advisory committee discussed driver turnover and retention instead, and the secretary of transportation has written an article for CNN that seems clued in to the facts.
III. Oregon wants to spend billions on roads
Oregon lawmakers have finished work on a large transportation funding bill, while six states are changing the rules for license plate readers. Also, we’ll bring you information about upcoming truck shows.
IV. FTC says it’s going to enforce right to repair
The Federal Trade Commission plans to step up enforcement of laws designed to protect the right to repair, while California complains of a possible aviation fuel shortage.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- The Colorado DOT is recommending that drivers check COTrip.org before they travel in the state because of mudslides closing some highways.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TopGun Largecar Shootout at the Rantoul National Aviation Center in Rantoul, Ill. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read Land Line Magazine’s most recent MCSAC recap.
- You can read the opinion piece by U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and Labor Secretary Martin Walsh here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can find upcoming truck shows and events here.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.