The year 2022 is already shaping up to be a busy one, with driver training, a study of driver pay, recruiting more women, and more getting underway.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
FMCSA paves another path toward its Under-21 apprenticeship pilot program. A trucking alliance gets ready for a cross-border vaccine mandate that’s set to go into effect next week. And a story about an Ohio hair salon, a dream and a giant hairball.
II. 2022: Driver pay, training and more on agenda
The year 2021 was a busy one for trucking, but 2022 is already shaping up to be just as busy, with driver training, a study of driver pay, efforts to include more women in trucking, the money from the infrastructure bill, and more all getting underway.
III. State fuel tax and toll action
A Tennessee lawmaker wants to give truck drivers some relief at the fuel pump; a Missouri effort would reverse a recent fuel tax increase; and toll increases are set for seven bridges in the San Francisco area.
IV. Under-21 pilot program – the latest
The FMCSA wants information from the public and interested organizations about its upcoming pilot program for interstate truckers under 21 years of age. So what are they asking for specifically, and why does it matter?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- If a carrier, shipper, receiver or broker coerces you to violate the regulations, document the coercive act, then either call 1-888-DOT-SAFT or file a complaint online to the National Consumer Complaint Database.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Weatherford, Texas. That’s at Exit 409 off Interstate 20. Stop in, say hi to Marty, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.