Land Line Now, Oct. 23, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Why it’s important to do your homework before getting your own authority. Plus, sloppy facemasks and Election Day worries.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA urges the FMCSA to say no to UPS; two big wildfires could merge in Colorado; and a king-sized Halloween.
II. Don’t play games with your money
Getting your own authority is a big decision, and with most big decisions, you don’t want to dive in head first – so we break down the questions you need to ask before taking the leap.
III. Sloppy facemasks and Election Day worries
From sloppy facemasks to Election Day worries, what truckers are telling the skipper of the OOIDA tour truck these days.
IV. Comments wanted: employee or independent contractor?
Comments are needed on a proposal that would hash out the difference between an employee and an independent contractor.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Wildfires keep roads closed in Colorado. Find the latest road information here.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here. Or you can call them at 816-229-5791.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Paulsboro, N.J., located at Exit 18A off Interstate 295. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- The comment period is almost up on the Department of Labor’s clarification to the worker classification rule. You can submit comments here through Oct. 26.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.