LLN (7/23/19) – Nearly half of all states now boost their highway funds by pulling in revenue from hybrid and electric cars. And OOIDA thinks that needs to grow. Also, a piece of software designed to run a trucking business started as little more than a simple spreadsheet. And the FMCSA wants information about acts of violence committed against women and minorities in trucking.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:39 – Trucker’s Helper
24:39-39:35 – Revenue from alternative fuel vehicles
39:35-49:35 – Information on violence against women, minorities
- OOIDA member Eric Dashiell recently hauled a Vietnam-era A-7 Corsair bomber from Helena, Mont., to Veteran’s Memorial Park in Lewiston, Maine. The local veterans are trying to raise enough money for him to make a return trip for the plane’s wings. You can find more information here.
- Registration is now open for the second edition of OOIDA’s live business seminar, “Truck to Success.” The class takes place Sept. 10-12 at the Courtyard by Marriott at Exit 21 off Interstate 70 in Blue Springs, Mo. The class is designed for truckers who are about to make the leap into becoming an owner-operator, and for those who have been in the industry to cut costs and become more financially successful.
- For more information, go to the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Watch the VIDEO: Register for OOIDA’s second Truck to Success seminar.
- Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at Shell Rotella SuperRigs at the Trails Travel Center in Albert Lea, Minn., at Exit 11 off Interstates 35 and 90. Stop in, say “hi” to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit schedule.
The Truckers Helper LLC was founded nearly 30 years ago. Terry Scruton talks to the company’s founder, John Ewing, about how The Truckers Helper got its start and how much things have changed over the years.
- For more information, check out their website TruckersHelper.com.
Nearly half of the states across the nation are now tapping into alternative-fuel vehicles for additional revenue in order to boost funding for transportation projects. Mark Reddig gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Nearly half of all states now tab alternative-fuel vehicles for more revenue.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State
Mark Reddig and Terry Scruton bring us important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
The FMCSA recently published a notice saying they want information about acts of violence committed against women and minorities in trucking. Mark Reddig gets the details from OOIDA Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
- You can submit comments online until Sept. 23, 2019.
- You can read more from Land Line Magazine: FMCSA seeks info about crimes against female, minority truckers.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.