Nine states have some kind of action brewing to provide fuel tax relief in the face of high diesel prices, while Nebraska has decided to allow public-private partnerships.
Listen to our full show
Nine states have action brewing to provide fuel tax relief in the face of high diesel prices, while Nebraska will allow public-private partnerships. Also, later this week, the town of California, Mo., will briefly triple in population. That’s because of the Crossroads Truck Show is back for a second year. We’ll talk with organizers of that event and of the East Coast Truckers Jamboree. And the summer heat can be brutal on your tires, especially if your truck has been sitting for a little while. Mike Steiner of Michelin North America breaks down how downtime and heat can spell trouble for your tires.
Catch up on the news with Scott Thompson
Diesel prices hit a new record high… again. FMCSA continues getting a flood of comments about its proposed speed limiter mandate. And we have new details about the Mother’s Day Make-a-Wish convoy in Pennsylvania.
Two big truck shows this weekend
Later this week, the town of California, Mo., will briefly triple in population. That’s because of the Crossroads Truck Show is back for a second year. We’ll talk with organizers of that event, and of the East Coast Truckers Jamboree.
Summer heat and your tires
The summer heat can be brutal on your tires, especially if your truck has been sitting for a little while. Mike Steiner of Michelin North America breaks down how downtime and heat can spell trouble for your tires – and provides tips on keeping them running smoothly and safely.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA is urging truckers to provide feedback on EPA’s proposed nitrogen oxide emission standards for trucks beginning in model year 2027. The comment period is open until May 16. You can also comment on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- For more information about the East Coast Truckers Jamboree, go to the Kenly 95 Petro’s website.
- Click here for more information about the Crossroads Truck Show in California, Mo.
- Navistar is recalling more than 2,800 2018-2023 International LT tractors. A damaged battery cable can cause an electrical short. The recall starts May 16. For more information call Navistar customer service at 800-448-7825 with recall number 22507. NHTSA’s number for this recall is 22V-164.
- For more information about the Mother’s Day Make-a-Wish Convoy, go to wishconvoy.org.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Crossroads Truck Meet in California, Mo. That’s located at U.S. 50 and State route 87. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- For questions about commercial vehicle tires, you can go to the Michelin Commercial Truck Tire website.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.