Land Line Now, Feb. 24, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The diesel price at the pump is going up. We’ll explain why, where the biggest increases are, and how you can save some fuel and money.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A bill in Congress is targeting diesel powered reefer units. The FMCSA orders an Idaho trucker off the road. And the bare facts about bear attacks.
II. Diesel price – as it goes up, how do you fight back?
The diesel price at the pump is going up. We’ll explain why, where the biggest increases are, and how you can save some fuel and money. Also, getting your own authority? It’s not as easy as some people think. But you can get help to make the process as easy as possible, including some free online classes.
III. Winter cold and a frigid freight market
Last week’s arctic weather may be gone, but the aftereffects continue to linger in the freight market.
IV. Senate considers how to ‘build back better’
President Biden has frequently used the phrase “build back better” to describe his goals for infrastructure, climate change and other issues. And now a Senate committee is taking up the issue.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Beaumont, Texas. That’s at Exit 848 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free, online classes on getting your own authority. The first videos in the series can be found on YouTube or OOIDA’s online education page.
- If you have questions about fuel or cost savings on fuel from our diesel price segment, contact Trevor Williams at 816-229-5691 or at FCard@OOIDA.com.
- You can find more information about OOIDA’s fuel card program here or call 866-214-2382.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.