LLN (5/28/19) – D.C. is paying attention on truck parking. The topic is getting traction again in our nation’s capital. Also, the St. Christopher Fund is teaming up with country music star Joe Nichols to help raise awareness. Meanwhile, a new law protects truckers in Missouri from dishonest towing operators. OOIDA warns truckers about towing overcharge problems in Wyoming. Also, an Arkansas electronic billboard company is alerting drivers when there is a tornado warning. And we’ll have an update on per diem issues, hours of service and more.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – St. Christopher Fund; tornado warning billboards
24:43-39:38 – Missouri, Wyoming towing reform
39:38-49:22 – Truck parking; hours of service; per diem
- The Colorado Department of Transportation has 233 projects on the books for 2019, with many of them planned to coincide with warmer weather. Some of the work will be restricted to overnight to mitigate traffic congestion. To see the full schedule and a map of the projects underway, go to https://cotrip.org.
- In Oklahoma, the state Department of Emergency Management has listed all 77 counties in the state under an emergency declaration. The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has an interactive map available at okroads.org to alert you to changing conditions and numerous road closures.
- Severe flooding in Arkansas has caused the state DOT to shut down two major bridges, the U.S. 71B or Midland Bridge and the I-549 Bridge over the Arkansas River. A number of highways in the state are also closed due to high water. You can find details at idrivearkansas.com.
- Samuel G. Robbins of Des Moines, Iowa, has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 11 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. And you can read about our latest batch of safe drivers here: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
The St. Christopher Fund is teaming up with country music star Joe Nichols to help raise awareness of the organization. Terry Scruton has the story.
- You can read more about the partnership here;
- And find out more about Christopher Truckers Relief Fund online.
An Arkansas electronic billboard company has developed a new system to alert drivers when there is a tornado warning in the area – by using their own billboards. Terry has a report.
A new law protects truckers in Missouri from dishonest towing operators, and OOIDA has sent out a warning about problems in Wyoming. Mary McKenna talks with OOIDA Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- Learn more about the Missouri effort: OOIDA-backed bill creating towing task force sent to Missouri governor.
- OOIDA has issued a warning regarding non-consensual towing in Wyoming. If you have concerns about a particular towing company contact Mike Matousek at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
Mary will join me with some important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- Click here to read any of our Bulletin Board notices
After years of effort, truck parking is getting traction again in our nation’s capital. Mike Matousek returns to discuss that – plus offer an update on the per diem issues, hours of service, and more.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Read the latest on the issues: