Land Line Now, Dec. 16, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Can the replacement for NAFTA finally end cross-border trucking with Mexico? Also, is the cheapest choice the best when buying parts for your truck?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From the bill for Big Bertha’s failings to tolls in two states, we have the big events from today in the trucking industry.
II. If you go cheaper, don’t end up a weeper …
The cheapest choice may not be the best – especially when it comes to parts or modifications for your truck.
III. A victory by truckers in New Jersey
Several New Jersey lawmakers have backed off an effort that could have re-defined who is or isn’t an independent contractor there – and truckers calls made a difference. Also, what is the story behind Land Line Magazine’s recent deep dive into the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse; a trucking Christmas carol; and a Connecticut state senator who wants to toll trucks only.
IV. Cross-border trucking with Mexico – last chapter?
We finally know the details of the replacement for NAFTA – so did it take steps to solve problems with cross-border trucking?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA members have until Dec. 31 to nominate someone for an alternate position on OOIDA’s Board of Directors.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Read OOIDA’s Call to Action to Connecticut drivers.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.