LLN (10/7/19) – The FMCSA wants to make permanent a program that – in specific situations – lets you remove a crash that is not your fault from your record – and OOIDA says that’s a good idea. Also, a Washington think tank offers ways to fix how federal transportation money is distributed to the states. Many types of trucking operations have special insurance needs – such as car haulers. And how did broker-carrier agreements get to be such a problem for truckers?
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:14 – How federal money is distributed to the states.
24:14-38:43 – Car hauler insurance needs; broker-carrier agreements.
38:43-48:22 – Making crash preventability program permanent.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation says it is closing the Teton Pass on State Highway 22 to eastbound trailer traffic earlier than usual this year. Read more here: Eastbound trailer traffic on Teton Pass to close one month early.
- OOIDA will be at the California Trucking Show on Oct. 12-13 at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, Calif. That’s at Exit 55 off Interstate 10. Stop in, say hi to the folks from the home office, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount.
- Albert Elkins of West, Texas, has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 28 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
A Washington think tank offers ways to fix how federal transportation money is distributed to the states. Mary McKenna speaks with Jeff Davis with the Eno Center for Transportation on suggestions the center has for Congress.
- You can find out more about the Eno Center for Transportation online.
Many types of trucking operations have special insurance needs – and sometimes requirements. Mary McKenna discusses the needs of car hauling operations with Stacey Sanders and Trina McIntyre.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- You can also call the insurance department directly at 800-715-9369.
- If you have a question about truck insurance you’d like answered on the air, you can call the Land Line Now Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
How did broker-carrier agreements get to be such a problem for truckers? Mark Reddig out from Tom Crowley of OOIDA’s Business Assistance Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
The FMCSA wants to make permanent a program that lets you remove some crashes that are not your fault from your record. And OOIDA says that’s a good idea. Mark Reddig discusses that and more with OOIDA’s Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- You can read OOIDA’s comments here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: