Land Line Now, June 22, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An owner-operator from southeastern Kansas who survived COVID-19 is now telling his story. We’ll explain how he beat the odds and expanded his business.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Firefighters make progress in battling an Arizona blaze; States team to create an electric truck corridor on I-5; and an Amazon delivery that really is like magic – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. COVID-19 survivor finds business success
An owner-operator from southeastern Kansas who survived COVID-19 is now telling his story. We’ll tell you how he beat the odds and ended up expanding his business at the same time.
III. Personal vehicles can affect truck insurance
What you do in your personal vehicle could end up costing you in your truck. Scott finds out why violations in your car count against your commercial insurance policy from Stacey Sanders and Trina McIntyre of OOIDA’s Truck Insurance Department.
IV. Car hauler problem may finally get solved
A resolution may be in the works for a problem that has long plagued many auto transporters; Also, Missouri honors a longtime trucking advocate.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.