Land Line Now, Dec. 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The COVID-19 vaccine rolls out with truckers at the wheel; breaking down the logistics of getting an entire nation inoculated. Plus, red-light cameras in Florida.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Biden’s pick for Transportation Secretary is unveiled; a major snowstorm sets its sights on the Mid-Atlantic states; and the porch pirate party pooper.
II. OOIDA board interview with Kurt Plummer; COVID-19 vaccine rollout
Our ongoing series of interview with candidates for the OOIDA board of directors continues. Also, truckers lead the way in the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
III. OOIDA board interview with Rodney Morine; bulletin board notices
Another interview with an OOIDA board member candidate; plus, important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
IV. Red-light cameras in Florida, speed limits in Michigan
Some Florida lawmakers have had just about enough of red-light cameras, and speed limit rules are in the crosshairs in Michigan.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- FMCSA will be holding an HOS Q&A webinar from 2-3 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, Dec. 17. Space is limited, and registration is required. You can register here.
- Colorado offers PrePass Plus service to trucks. PrePass customers must opt-in to expanded services in Colorado, but the service is free. Find out more here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Travelers Oasis Truck Plaza in Eden, Idaho, located at Exit 182 off Interstate 84. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- OOIDA Board of Directors alternate election is under way. Voting is open to life members, senior members, members and retired members who are current on their dues. Votes will be accepted online through Jan. 31.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.