Land Line Now, Jan. 14, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
COVID-19 vaccinations are in the news constantly, but how is the overall effort going? Also, Homeland Security lists its concerns for 2021.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA proposes a new split sleeper berth pilot program; the FBI is warning about disruptions across the country in the coming days; and three simple words: Illegal ham sandwiches.
II. A break for some with vision problems
A proposal would allow truckers with one eye that doesn’t meet federal requirements to driver interstate. Meanwhile, another agency offers a new plan for automated vehicles, and new members join an FMCSA advisory committee.
III. Wyoming road funding
Wyoming lawmakers ponder whether to raise the state’s fuel tax, as well as a pay-by-mile system.
IV. COVID-19 vaccinations – how’s it going?
Every day on the news, we hear about people getting COVID-19 vaccinations. But most people still don’t have one. We’ll let you know where the effort stands – and what concerns the Department of Homeland Security sees ahead in 2021.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Landslides closed the right lane of eastbound I-84 in Oregon’s just east of Dodson, plus several ramps. Visit the Oregon DOT’s road and weather conditions for information.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Santa Nella, Calif., TA .That’s at Exit 407 off Interstate 5. Find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- FMCSA proposes updating vision standards. Read more.
- NHTSA expands an automated vehicle transparency program. Read more.
- FMCSA announces its 2021 MCSAC members. Find them here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- If you see any activity that either appears to be an imminent attack or preparation for one, you are urged to contact the FBI at either fbi.gov or call 800-225-5324.
- Find out how the COVID-19 vaccination effort is going here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.