Land Line Now, March 24, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Will a COVID-19 vaccination be required to get a medical card? That’s just one current road rumor. Our experts separate fact from fiction.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A U.S. Senate committee talks truck parking. Cross-border freight was down in January. And Mainers may soon be able to go out in a blaze of glory.
II. COVID-19 vaccinations and other road rumors
Everyone knows that nothing moves faster than a rumor. In trucking, they can move from coast to coast faster than seems possible. But the thing about rumors is some are true and some are false. Our panel of experts to separate fact from fiction.
III. Time to buy a new truck?
DAT gets asked all the time whether it’s a good time to buy a truck. We’ll cover that – and take a look at how trends in freight and rates can help answer that question.
IV. Truck parking, infrastructure at Congress
Congress is looking at some infrastructure issues – and truck parking is playing a big role in the conversation. So is the tide of support turning in favor of a fix?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Glendale, Ky. That’s at Exit 86 off Interstate 65. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.