Land Line Now, July 15, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An owner-operator who survived COVID-19 is now fighting to fully recover; meanwhile, pandemic uncertainty may slow the recovery for freight and rates.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Todd Spencer tells a federal advisory panel, remove the bad actors and stop making more regulations for safe drivers; states extend deadlines and waivers for licenses and registration; and stop me if you’ve heard the one about a cow who walks into a police station – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. COVID-19 survivor still recovering
An owner-operator who survived COVID-19 is now fighting to fully recover. We’ll offer an update today. Also, a company that’s played a big part in many truckers’ lives is looking back at its contributions to the tire industry on its 150th anniversary.
III. COVID-19 could throw a wrench into freight, rate recovery
Freight and rates are still slowly climbing, but growing uncertainty over COVID-19 could slow things down even more.
IV. Highway spending bill moves ahead
Members of the U.S. House took yet another step toward approving this year’s transportation funding. Also, a presidential candidate’s infrastructure plan.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Rochelle, Ill., at Exit 99 on Interstate 39. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks, if you’re in need.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.