Land Line Now, April 28, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
At the start of 2020, many were confident that a new highway bill was on the way. But is that still the case now that we’re facing the COVID-19 pandemic?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA is looking at COVID-19 testing for truck drivers; a South Carolina community puts out the welcome mat for truckers; and some friends team up to bring hot meals to truckers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Wheel ends – if you’re not thinking about them, you should
Some parts of maintaining a truck may fall into the category of things you never thought about before. And among those less frequently discussed topics are your wheel ends and related systems.
III. Virginia OKs speed cameras
A new Virginia law will allow speed enforcement cameras in construction areas and school zones.
IV. COVID-19 may delay highway bill
At the start of 2020, many were confident that a new highway bill was on the way. But is that still the case now that we’re facing a pandemic? We’ll cover that, and the current status of the highway trust fund.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Marianna, Fla. That’s at Exit 142 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro online. If you have questions for Kevin and Jerry, email them at AskTATruckService@ta-petro.com.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.