Land Line Now, March 26, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA is trying to make sure that problems truckers encounter during the COVID-19 crisis are solved – but the Association needs truckers’ help.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
States, businesses and others try to keep parking and services open for truckers; OOIDA asks for an extension for expiring TWIC cards; and turning a ticket into a chance to help others – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Feds tries to help truckers during COVID-19 crisis
Federal agencies are trying to keep up with truckers’ needs by issuing waivers, answering questions, requesting states to keep rest areas open and explaining how to accomplish things that would normally be routine.
III. Kansas transportation plan moving ahead
Kansas may finally get some long-overdue paving done, while Alaska considers doubling its fuel tax.
IV. OOIDA to truckers coping with COVID-19 crisis: Tell us the problems you’re facing
OOIDA is trying to make sure that problems truckers encounter are solved – but the Association needs truckers’ help.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Jeffersonville, Ohio, at Exit 65 on Interstate 71. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.