Land Line Now, Jan. 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
OOIDA has long said the future of California’s independent contractors would ultimately be decided in the courts, and this week, a federal judge stepped in.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From someone scamming a town over a bridge to what congestion costs truckers in Texas, it’s all the news in trucking.
II. 2019 – year in review
2019 was a busy year on the regulatory front. We’ll have some of the year’s highlights – including hours of service reform, entry-level driver training and automated vehicles.
III. Tolls could be coming to Wyoming
Wyoming lawmakers may consider whether to allow tolls on Interstate 80 there. Plus, some trucker laws may change in Missouri.
IV. California’s independent contractor law hits a stop sign
OOIDA has long said the future of California’s independent contractors would ultimately be decided in the courts. And this week, a federal judge has stopped enforcement of the law – for now.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Jan. 13, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s touring trailer, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Stop in and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.