Land Line Now, Dec. 17, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The long, slow march toward truck-only tolls in Connecticut continues, while some in Florida are pushing to eliminate some tolled express lanes.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Everything trucking from today in one neat package, including the New Prime lawsuit, big carrier training incentives and today’s fuel prices.
II. End-of-year tax matters
The end of the year is fast approaching, and that means you should be taking care of a number of items so you can successfully file taxes this coming year.
III. Connecticut toll plan creeps forward
The long, slow march toward truck-only tolls in Connecticut continues, while some in Florida push to eliminate tolled express lanes on a highway there. Also, we’ll have another one of our trucking Christmas carols.
IV. Another step forward for NAFTA replacement
A congressional committee took another step today toward final approval of the replacement for NAFTA. And the spending bill that will fund the U.S. DOT gets an OK from the House.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25% of the cost for an auxiliary power unit. Find out more here.
- Find more information about Truckers Helper online.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.