Land Line Now, Feb. 3, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Tomorrow, Congress looks at what has, and has not been done to help truckers and others who work in transportation during the pandemic.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA wants truckers to get COVID vaccines as soon as possible – and they aren’t alone. A new mask order is in effect to fight the pandemic, but truckers are mostly exempt. And wait, what did that sign say?
II. Miami freight rush
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and all of those flower orders are causing a surge in freight out of … Miami? We’ll explain why.
III. A solution in tow …
What would you do if you received a towing bill for more than your truck is worth – or for more than you make in a year. The primary place where it happens is on police-dispatched tows – and one state has proposed a solution.
IV. Pandemic treatment of truckers examined
Tomorrow, Congress will take a look at what has, and has not been done to help truckers and others who work in transportation during the pandemic. And speaking for truckers will be OOIDA’s Lewie Pugh.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The National Weather Service issued a blizzard warning across central Iowa starting at 9 a.m. this morning until 6 a.m. Thursday. Check Iowa’s traveler information website for the latest conditions.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Eloy, Ariz. That’s at Exit 200 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.