Land Line Now, May 3, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse continues to generate confusion among truckers. So what do you need to know? We’ll explain the facts.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA’s Medical Advisory Committee meets later this month. Roadcheck starts tomorrow. And a real ‘dummy’ is caught violating COVID restrictions in Canada.
II. Clearing up the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
The Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse continues to generate confusion – and in some cases, trouble – among truckers. So what do you need to know? And how do you separate fact from rumor? We’ll offer some help.
III. Red light, green light …
The May issue of Land Line Magazine includes a comprehensive look at the issues that likely are going to affect you out on the road for the foreseeable future. And both Greek mythology and a children’s game provided some inspiration for their coverage.
IV. Roadcheck and CSA
Tuesday marks the start of this year’s Roadcheck safety blitz. And many of the inspections that take place will end up on CSA reports. However, numerous studies have raised doubts about whether CSA accurately reflects how safe a carrier is.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The FMCSA’s Medical Review Board Advisory Committee will meet May 19-20 via videoconference. The meeting is open to the public. You can find more information and register to attend here.
- The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting that happened the morning of May 2 at the Pilot on I-75 near Ocala, Fla. If you have information call the sheriff’s office at 352-732-9111.
- Starting Tuesday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Lodi, Ohio. That’s at Exit 209 off Interstates 71 and 76. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- For help navigating the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse online, go to https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/ or call tech support 800-724-2811.
- For help with the FMCSA portal, go to https://portal.fmcsa.dot.gov/login or call FMCSA portal tech support at 617-494-3003; option 3 for motor carriers; option 2 for portal and PIN help.
- You can find more information on OOIDA’s CMCI services online, or call the office at 800-288-3784.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.