Land Line Now, Jan. 21, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The EPA has published the first step in a new Cleaner Trucks Initiative – but is it good or bad for truckers? Also, start-of-the-year tax documents.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A fake FMCSA letter is at the heart of a scam; a truck that was really overweight; and a state that wants a driver in every autonomous vehicle – it’s today’s trucking news.
II. Start-of-the-year tax work
It’s a new year, and if you are running a small motor carrier, you have some tax documents to get out, and some to get ready.
III. Working with truckers in Virginia
A Virginia lawmakers who was intent on requiring GPS units in all trucks has decided instead to seek a solution in cooperation with OOIDA and other trucking interests. Also, OOIDA issues an information update regarding the independent contractor law in California.
IV. EPA publishes Cleaner Trucks Initiative
And finally: The EPA has published the first step in a new Cleaner Trucks Initiative. But is it good or bad for truckers. We’ll have a rundown.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has scheduled the next Truck to Success course for May 5-7 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo. You can learn more on the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Barstow, Calif., located at Exit 178 on Interstate 15. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Visit the MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- You can read OOIDA’s California AB5 most recent update here.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- See OOIDA’s Comment Guide for more information about what issues and experiences to mention in your public comments on the EPA’s new Cleaner Trucks Initiative.
- You can submit public comments here. Comments are due by Feb. 20.
- Read EPA’s “Cleaner Trucks Initiative.”