The U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree is on display thanks to six truck drivers. We’ll report on its journey from California to Washington D.C.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Severe weather across the country leads to warnings for truckers. A large LTL carrier folds, leaving hundreds of drivers without jobs heading into the holidays. And if you can spell the name of your state correctly, you have a leg up on some DOT workers in Delaware.
II. Capitol Christmas Tree lights up
The U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree is on display thanks to six truck drivers. We’ll report on the journey it took from California to Washington, D.C. Also, we’ll have an update to a story we brought you last December about an elementary school student who works as an operations manager for his father’s trucking company.
III. Exclusions: What isn’t included
We visit the Insurance Interchange for another look at policy exclusions. This time, Trina McIntyre and Trista Roby of OOIDA’s truck insurance department tell us about the types of cargo that can be excluded in your policy.
IV. State issues, then and now
If there’s a rule in this universe, it’s that things change. That’s as true in trucking as it is in anything else. We’ll go over how issues have changed, and how OOIDA has changed its approach to those issues.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship applications for 2022 are due Feb. 1. Get the details here.
- Women in Trucking has put out an open call for nominations for their 2022 Distinguished Woman in Logistics Award. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 10.
- While chain laws vary by state, you don’t have to spend hours trying to research them. Each year, Land Line compiles a comprehensive list of chain law requirements in the U.S. and Canada.
- Starting Wednesday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker plan to be at the Petro in Joplin, Mo. That’s at Exit 4 off Interstate 44. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance program here.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all yearlong.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.