The U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree is on display thanks to six truck drivers. We’ll report on the journey from California to Washington, D.C.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The vaccine mandate for large employers appears to be headed to the Supreme Court. OOIDA tells the DOT to make trucking a rewarding, long-term career option. And new details about this year’s Wreaths Across America Day.
II. The Capitol Christmas Tree and the six truckers who brought it
The U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree is on display thanks to six truck drivers. We’ll report on the journey it took from California to Washington, D.C. And we’ll have an update to a story we brought you last December about an elementary school student who works as an operations manager for his father’s trucking company.
III. The Spirit brings the season
A comic book store, a retail outlet, a group of costumed and other volunteers and a very familiar truck joined forces recently to ensure that children spending their holiday season in the hospital will have a Merry Christmas.
IV. Misclassification – big issue now and in the future
Every year, there seems to be a pattern in terms of what topics come up. And in 2021, one of the big ones has been misclassification of workers, and the unintended consequences of efforts to fix that.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Jan. 3, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Terrell, Texas. That’s at Exit 503 off Interstate 20. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read the full OOIDA delivers toys to Children’s Mercy Hospital in KC story from Land Line.
- Want to make a Christmas donation to help trucking families? Here’s a list of some organizations you can support.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.