Land Line Now, August 3, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Why choosing the best insurance for you doesn’t always mean choosing the cheapest rate. Plus, an OOIDA life member gets the honor of a lifetime.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA says the HOS changes should go ahead as planned; Tropical Storm Isaias should be a hurricane by the time it hits the Carolinas; and this place is a real Mickey Mouse operation.
II. Citizen Driver award ceremony
A 2020 Citizen Driver award winner talks about his dedication ceremony and explains why the drive down was just as memorable. Plus, what changes to the FICO scoring system mean for you and a look into why more truck shows are opting for in-person events.
III. Shopping around for insurance
If you’re in the market for insurance – or ever are in the future – it’s a good idea to shop around and know what you’re looking for. Why going with the cheapest rate may not be your best option.
IV. Trucking Safety Summit and legislation in Washington
Looking ahead to this week’s Trucking Safety Summit, what to expect ahead of Election Day 2020 and movement (or lack thereof) in Washington on the issues that matter to truckers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA Chicago North in Zion, Ill., at 16650 W. Russell Road. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.