Land Line Now, Aug. 6, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Changes to the hours-of-service rules are moving ahead as planned next month. Plus, other news from the FMCSA Trucking Safety Summit.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
New York City puts COVID checkpoints at major points of entry; Minnesota Congressman wants more money spent on bridge repair; and snap into a “not-so-Slim Jim.”
II. Changes to hours-of-service rules
The FMCSA has no plans to delay implementation of the hours of service changes in September, plus other takeaways from the FMCSA Trucking Safety Summit.
III. Mail-in, absentee voting
With less than three months to go before Election Day 2020, the hot topic has become mail-in voting and absentee voting. Making sure your vote is counted.
IV. Overlooked at safety summit
What went overlooked at the Trucking Safety Summit and what we can learn from the talking points of the large carriers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Oregon DOT is seeking the public’s feedback on a plan to add tolls to Interstate 205 around Portland. You can find more information here.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Tower Tree Truck Classic at the Decatur County Fairgrounds in Greensburg, Ind. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.