Land Line Now, April 23, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Marty Ellis is hearing truckers’ concerns in The Spirit truck, including whether taking CBD oil can lead to drug testing problems.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Republicans unveil their answer to Biden’s infrastructure plan. The administration doubles down on emission reductions. And a police SUV in Texas goes to the birds.
II. Oh, the places you’ll go …
There’s a lot to see out on the road if you just take the time to see it. We’ll take you to two spots recommended by OOIDA members. One involves taking a trip back in time. The other involves shoes made out of human skin. Plus, we’ll hear from an OOIDA member about what it took to get his classic truck ready for shows.
III. CBD oil and other trucker concerns
Marty Ellis has been to his first truck show in The Spirit, and is now guiding OOIDA’s tour truck east. In the meantime, he’s hearing some of truckers’ concerns – including the pandemic exemption to the hours of service and the problems that can result from taking CBD oil.
IV. GOP offers infrastructure alternative
Congressional Republicans have offered up their own version of an infrastructure bill. So what’s in it, what’s not, and how does it differ from the president’s plan?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA’s Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28. You can find all the details and sign up here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Foristell, Mo. That’s at Exit 203 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Got an idea for a story? Maybe your favorite supper spot? Maybe an interesting layover? Or an interesting or challenging haul? We’d like to hear from you. You can email us your ideas here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or