Land Line Now, Jan. 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Car haulers have been paying fines over a regulation that’s not actually a regulation, and the feds still have yet to solve it. We’ll have an update.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From yet another court ruling challenging California’s new independent contractor law to a longtime trucker and veteran killed in a crash, it’s the latest news in trucking.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From a military family’s stolen belongings to a hero trucker who saved a family, we’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. The Spirit is on the road
Jon Osburn is back on the road and coming to a truck stop near you. We’ll hear from the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
IV. An elusive fix for car haulers
A problem causing some car haulers to pay fines over a regulation that’s not actually a regulation has been the object of an OOIDA campaign for some time. We’ll have an update.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has scheduled the next Truck to Success live seminar for May 5-7 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo. You can learn more on the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Starting Monday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Stop in and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- Check the Spirit’s upcoming schedule here.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- Read more about some of tonight’s stories: