LLN (10/1/19) – Can the U.S. Senate get a highway bill done with an election year on the horizon – and in the shadow of impeachment? Also, some of the simplest things can really make a truck shine – and some of them are as plain as the nose on your face – or, in this case, the visor on your windshield. We’ll discuss the options. And Michigan roads will get a $400 million boost thanks to a deal among state lawmakers.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:14 – Visors.
24:14-38:43 – Michigan road funding; bulletin board.
38:43-48:22 – Can the Senate finish a highway bill?
- Truckers are urged to make comments on the FMCSA’s proposed changes to the hours-of-service regulations. The deadline is Oct. 7.
- You can make your comment at the federal Regulations website.
- Read more from Land Line:
- Truckers have another chance to give input on hours of service.
- Nearly 1,000 comments submitted on hours of service.
- OOIDA calls HOS plan ‘a big step in the right direction.’
- FMCSA encourages feedback on hours-of-service plan.
- Data review shows short-haul change won’t decrease safety, FMCSA says.
- Change to adverse driving provision would extend trucker’s driving window.
- Nov. 11 is the start of the 2019 Truckers for Troops Telethon. During that week, you can join OOIDA for a discount. Ten percent of your membership will send care packages to troops overseas and help returning veterans, with OOIDA matching those donations.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25 percent of the cost for an APU. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck, and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units. Go to the OOIDA Foundation website for details.
Some of the simplest things can really make a truck shine – and some of them are as plain as the nose on your face – or, in this case, the visor on your windshield. Mark Reddig and Land Line Now producer Barry Spillman discuss sun visors with Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia.
- Be sure to check out Martin’s company websites, Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- You can call the shop at 888-875-7787 or 417-624-3054.
- If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@chromeshopmafia.com or leave a message on our listener comment line at 800-324-6856.
Michigan roads will get a $400 million dollar boost thanks to a deal among state lawmakers. Mary McKenna gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: Michigan Legislature approves $400 million for roads.
- You can also read, Michigan bill package would aid local roads.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
Mark Reddig and Mary McKenna bring us important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
Can the U.S. Senate get a highway bill done with an election year on the horizon – and in the shadow of impeachment? Mark Reddig will discuss the possibilities and barriers with Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.