Land Line Now, Sept. 21, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A bill passed by state lawmakers means in California the speed limit will no longer be set using the national standard 85th percentile rule.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
GOP members of the T&I committee call out their colleagues on truck parking vote. Confirmation hearing for FMCSA administrator set for Wednesday. And TA is investing in major upgrades to dozens of stops.
II. How legal problems get solved
When we normally talk to the guys at Road Law, we focus on a very specific problem they’ve helped resolve for a trucker. But today, we’ll take a look at what happens when someone calls them for help.
III. Change how they set the California speed limit
A bill passed by state lawmakers means the California speed limit will no longer be set using the national standard – the 85th percentile rule. Meanwhile, they also acted to end what is described as exploitation of port drivers at the state’s 11 ports and various inland distribution centers.
IV. Truck parking response a kick in the pants for truckers
Congress has once again said no to money for more truck parking – and when they did it made it a special kind of kick in the pants for truckers. We’ll tell you what happened and what it could mean for you going forward.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The deadline to file comments on proposed changes to vision standards for commercial drivers is Sept. 23. You can submit comments here.
- A truck fire on Monday caused delays on eastbound I-10 near the Bonnet Carre Spillway Bridge in Louisiana. Crews are making emergency repairs. You can check conditions for your route here.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Guilty by Association Truck Show. That takes place at 4 State Trucks at Exit 4 off Interstate 44 in Joplin, Mo. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.