Land Line Now, Oct. 28, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Three U.S. Senators want the president to use California emission rules nationwide. OOIDA has explained all the ways that’s a bad idea.
I. Today’s news with Greg Grisolano
OOIDA supports a Senate bill opposing federally mandated COVID-19 vaccinations. Tornadoes wreak havoc on Texas and Louisiana. And worker misclassification happens in the cab – and now, in the cabaret.
II. Vaccine mandates explained
People in the workforce, including many truckers, are soon expected to face one of two COVID vaccination mandates. But confusion between the two mandates is leaving many wondering what the facts are – so we’ll explain.
III. New York targets bad bed buggers
New York may get a lot more serious about removing “bad actors” from the household goods market. Meanwhile, Michigan lawmakers want to reduce red tape for local road funding.
IV. OOIDA opposes effort to take California emissions rules nationwide
Three U.S. Senators have asked the president to use California’s emission regulations nationwide. OOIDA has informed them of all the ways that’s a bad idea.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Construction on Interstate 30 in Little Rock, Ark., requires a major traffic shift for the next stage of improvements. A long-term and permanent travel impact interactive map is available on the CAP website.
- A reminder that you can use paper logs for up to eight days while you’re having issues with your device. After that, you need to request an extension. You can do that here.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Fargo, N.D. That’s at Exit 348 off Interstate 94. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- You can find upcoming truck shows and events here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.