Land Line Now, Oct. 19, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The FMCSA is asking truckers for their views on broker transparency – an effort spurred by an OOIDA petition. We’ll have an update.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA opens registration for its broker listening session; wildfires keep highways closed in Colorado; and a tale of terrorists, narwhals and royal pardons – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Truckers for Troops – the 2020 edition
On Nov. 9, OOIDA will launch its 14th Truckers for Troops campaign, raising money to show support for our troops and veterans. But like everything else in 2020, this year will be different. We’ll hear from two of the organizers here at OOIDA, and with an organization that help homeless veterans that this year’s effort will assist.
III. October Land Line Magazine
Some people tie a piece of string around their finger. Others use sticky notes – but truck drivers don’t need either, thanks to Land Line Magazine. The October issue is full of important reminders and information about the election, chain laws and more.
IV. Broker Transparency update
The FMCSA is asking truckers for their views on broker transparency – an effort spurred by an OOIDA petition. We’ll tell you where the issues stands now.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- A wildfire is still burning, keeping roads closed in Colorado. Go to COtrip.org for the latest road closure information.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Carlisle, Pa., located at Exit 52 off Interstate 81 and Exit 226 off Interstate 76. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- The OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign is scheduled for Nov. 9-15 on Land Line Now. This year, the effort will once again raise funds to send care packages to our troops overseas – and to help the Veterans Community Project, an organization that helps homeless veterans transition into permanent housing. We’ll have more details on future shows.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- FMCSA will be hosting a live broker transparency listening session on Oct. 28 regarding property carriers and brokers. You can register for the event here.
- You can also submit comments on OOIDA’s broker transparency proposal.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.