A bridge toll plan on the table in Pennsylvania will likely continue to move forward, despite lawmakers’ opposition. We’ll have an update.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The vaccine mandate for large employers could be headed to the Supreme Court. Fuel prices dip yet again. And further evidence that people will steal just about anything, even if it IS nailed down.
II. Truckers’ Christmas
Christmas time is a special time, and we all have special plans. But the most important plan is time home with family. And for truckers who are away so much of the year, family time is all the more valuable. We’ll share some truckers’ plans for the holidays on today’s program.
III. Bridge tolls still moving in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania lawmakers are making moves that could actually make life a little easier for truckers in the state. OOIDA’s Mike Matousek updates us on the bill that would stagger apportioned registrations. He also tells us why plans to kill a big toll bridge plan are likely doomed to fail.
IV. Meera Joshi: Here and gone
After a brief tenure running the agency, Meera Joshi is leaving FMCSA. So what does that mean and how could it affect you?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Jan. 3, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Terrell, Texas. That’s at Exit 503 off Interstate 20. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- If you want to haul relief loads into disaster areas, contact the American Logistics Aid Network. The network can ensure you’re carrying a needed load and can get into the disaster area with relief.