Land Line Now, July 28, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
What you call your job, one TV host calls a daring stunt. Fortunately for Bobby Bones, an OOIDA member helped him learn to drive a truck.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The case against a former Pilot Company executive is over. The I-40 Bridge will reopen next week. And upgrading service plazas, Jersey style.
II. Bobby Bones gets broken in on a truck
What you call your job, one television host calls a daring stunt. But fortunately for Bobby Bones, he had an OOIDA member by his side the entire way as he learned to drive a truck and went on a run. The whole thing was put together for a national TV show. Also, an owner-operator gets the surprise of a lifetime, and a preview of this weekend’s SuperRigs competition.
III. Flatbed haulers – lather, rinse, repeat
For flatbed haulers, 2021 looks very similar to 2018, at least on paper. We’ll take a look at what’s the same and what’s different.
IV. It’s on, it’s off, it’s on – the latest on the infrastructure bill
The crazy, unpredictable back-and-forth battle to assemble an infrastructure bill may be close to the finish, as Senate negotiators say they’ve reached a deal. But what kind of deal is it, and what would it mean to you?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation will offer the Truck to Success seminar in person at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo., or online via Zoom Oct. 26-28. Registration is now open.
- Read more: State takes $39,500 from trucker headed to an auction.
- Starting Sunday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Troy, Ill. That’s at Exit 18 off Interstates 55 and 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find more info about the S.H.E. Trucking Expo here. The 2021 event takes place Sept. 17-19 in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.