Land Line Now, July 27, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
In August, huge numbers of inspectors will be out across North America, and you’ll likely face a brake inspection. We’ll tell you what they’re looking for.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A coalition urges a Senate committee to say no to increasing minimum insurance requirements; more companies are mandating masks for customers; and I scream, you scream, we all scream for Iceland – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Your checklist for brake inspection blitz
In late August, a North American blitz targeting brake inspections will take to the road in huge numbers. So what exactly are they going to look for? We’ll explain.
III. Factoring and MCAs
When times get tough, you may start looking for ways to get you through to the other side. A reputable factoring company is one option. Another might be a merchant cash advance, or MCA – but you have to be careful.
IV. Progress on problem towing
For some years, OOIDA has battled to stop the practice of ripping off truckers when law enforcement calls a tow service for them. And while progress is slow, ground has been gained.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Bloomington, Ill. That’s located at Exit 160 off Interstates 55 and 74. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- If you have questions about brake inspections or Brake Safety Week, you can contact Brake Safe at 888-381-2355 or visit their website.
- Learn more about TBS Factoring.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.