Land Line Now, Feb. 13, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Northern border crossings could see some long lines because of a battle between the Trump administration and New York involving programs like FAST.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A trucker’s case inspires a university to create a hemp scanner; the owner of a truck driving school pleads guilty; and even Girl Scout cookies are all about supply and demand – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. The transportation numbers in the president’s budget
The president’s proposed budget would spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure – and most of that would pay for highway work.
III. Suggested statute to stop split speed
A California bill would eliminate the state’s split speed limit, one of the largest speed differentials in the country, while Wyoming lawmakers give a tolling plan a thumbs down.
IV. Border crossing dispute could affect truckers
Earlier this week, we reported on the battle heating up between the Trump administration and New York that has led to a ban on the state’s residents enrolling in Federal Trusted Traveler Programs – something that could affect larger numbers of truckers at border crossings in the region. We’ll take a deeper look at how it might affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Are you a Life Member of OOIDA? Do you love your Land Line Magazine? Then we need to hear from you.
- OOIDA is seeking the names and addresses of military personnel serving in Afghanistan and other active combat zones overseas. You can call Nikki Johnson at 816-229-5791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Henry Albert TA in Laredo, Texas, Exit 13 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.