Land Line Now, June 4, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Personal conveyance would be limited by time or mileage under the proposed highway bill – which may also affect detention time, parking, CSA and more.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Congress votes for fixes to small business aid program; a New Orleans man pleads guilty to staging phony truck crashes; and does a bear eat donuts in the woods? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Highway bill targets lease-purchase, detention and more
The highway bill passed every five or six years does many things – including setting a path for upcoming regulations. The one proposed this week in the U.S. House would call for regulatory action on detention time, CSA, entry-level driver training and lease-purchase agreements, among others.
III. Colorado bond vote may get delayed
Colorado voters have been waiting for their chance to vote on billions in bonds to support transportation; meanwhile, a Midwestern metropolis gets ready for millions in road work. Also, what do you like, what do you dislike, and what needs to be fixed in the proposed highway bill? OOIDA is asking truckers.
IV. Personal conveyance may get limited
The proposed highway bill would make some changes to personal conveyance rules; plus, more detail about what the bill proposes for truck parking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Missoula, Mont. That’s at Exit 96 on Interstate 90. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- OOIDA wants your feedback on proposed highway bill. Find the details here.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.