Land Line Now, June 1, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The White House unveils its 2022 budget proposal; a new opportunity for truckers to get vaccinated; and don’t worry, work in the giant chicken is still happening.
II. New entrant safety audit tips
If you’ve ever run under your own authority, you’ve had to go through the new entrant safety audit – and while it may have been a surprise, it doesn’t have to be.
III. States change left lane use rules
Getting stuck behind someone who’s camped out in the left lane isn’t just annoying – it’s dangerous, which is why three more states are beefing up their left lane use laws.
IV. Highway bill details coming soon
We’re getting close to finding out what’s inside the highway bill, from the good and the bad to the downright ugly.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The San Joaquin County, Calif., Community Development Department is holding a workshop to discuss truck parking at 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 3. Get the details here.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the American Truck Historical Society National Convention and Truck Show. That’s at 4808 S. Valley Pike in Harrisonburg, Va. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- For more information on New Entrant Safety Audits, you can go to the FMCSA’s Safety Audit page.
- If you want to take the OOIDA Foundation’s free online classes on the New Entrant Safety Audit, go to the Association’s online education page.
- You can learn about or sign up here for OOIDA Truck to Success live seminar.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.