Land Line Now, Oct. 7, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Some carriers may suddenly find themselves stripped of operating authority – we’ll explain why and the process behind what happened.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Another hurricane is heading for the Gulf Coast; FMCSA grants an exemption for lights on tanker trailers; and the man who cried “kitty.”
II. Winter prep – electrical systems
Batteries can be affected by the cold, but other factors during winter weather can damage other parts of your truck’s electrical systems. We’ll have some winter prep tips. Also, if we start to tax trucks by the mile instead of through fuel, how much will it cost? We’ll take a look at how Wyoming is trying to answer that and other questions.
III. Boost in freight
Freight gets an end of the quarter boost, but how long will it last?
IV. Authority being revoked? You may be the reason
Some carriers may suddenly find themselves stripped of operating authority. Also, an update on the upcoming election and prospects for a stimulus package.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Interstate 10 Coalition is asking truckers to participate in a survey about truck parking issues along the I-10 corridor in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. You can take the survey here.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at Julie@TruckersFund.org or call 865-544-8145.
- You can update your MCS-150 by going to the FMCSA online portal, then choosing the option “I need to update my USDOT number registration information or file my biennial update(MCS-150).”
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA truck stop in Bloomsburg, Pa., located at Exit 232 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA & Petro, here. If you have questions for Kevin and Jerry, email them at AskTATruckService@ta-petro.com.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.