LLN (6/21/19) – How far are some anti-trucker measures in a spending bill from becoming law? Also, we’ll have advice on making the truck you just bought really shine. Meanwhile, hair testing for drugs is back in the news and sparking new questions. The New Entrant Safety Audit is moving online. And Jon Osburn visits a town that has done more than virtually any other to prevent truck parking.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – Making that truck shine
24:42-39:40 – Hair testing; New Entrant Safety Audit; truck parking
39:40-49:24 – Anti-trucker measures in spending bill
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Troutdale, Ore. That’s located at Exit 17 on Interstate 84. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
- Larry Gerhart of Tucson, Ariz., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 24 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
So you bought a truck, and although it looks good, it lacks a certain pizazz. Mark Reddig and Land Line Now producer Barry Spillman find out how to jazz it up on a budget from Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia.
- Be sure to check out their websites, Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- To call the shop, dial 888-875-7787 or 417-624-3054.
- If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@chromeshopmafia.com or leave a message on our listener comment line at 800-324-6856.
Hair testing for drugs is back in the news, as we await a proposal for federal standards. But that is just sparking all kinds of new questions. Mark Reddig gets some answers from Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation.
- Read more about hair testing: HHS sends hair testing for drugs guidelines to White House for review.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- Check out what else OOIDA Online Business Education program has to offer.
- See all the classes offered by OOIDA.
The New Entrant Safety Audit used to be a face-to-face affair, but like everything else these days, it’s now moving online. Mark Reddig and Gary Wright of OOIDA’s Business Services Department explain how it works.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection online.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does, here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
Jon Osburn recently spent some time in a town that has done more than virtually any other to prevent trucks from parking. Mark Reddig talks with the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
- See Jon’s full schedule, “The Spirit” Schedule.
- Read about Jon’s latest adventures: Catch The Spirit in Portland, Ore., at Jubitz Travel Center.
A number of anti-trucker measures made it into an early version of a transportation spending bill – but how close is that really to becoming law? Mark Reddig finds out from Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- For more about the bill:
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.