Land Line Now, Nov. 25, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
More states may follow California in re-defining who is or is not an independent contractor – including New Jersey. Also, don’t ignore symptoms of cancer.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton.
From winter weather to a delayed bridge project, we have the latest.
II. Don’t ignore symptoms of cancer
Too many of us take our health for granted – but one trucker battling colon cancer wants to remind everyone not to ignore the symptoms. We’ll have that, plus a physician’s advice.
III. Experience matters with your insurance
Driving experience can make or break you on truck insurance when you’re driving something other than a van, reefer or a flatbed. Also, winter is just around the corner – which means drivers need to get their equipment ready.
IV. Another state may target independent contractors
More states may follow California in re-defining who is or is not an independent contractor – and New Jersey is among them.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25 percent of the cost for an APU. Find out more here.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- You can also call federal lawmakers through the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121.
- Read more: OOIDA challenges AB5, New Jersey bills.