Land Line Now, Nov. 5, 2019
Click the play button to hear our latest podcast
A little snow and ice on the truck? Well, Pennsylvania is moving closer to fining truckers who just happen to have traveled in winter weather; also, Ohio wants you shakin’ if you cross the center line.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Everything happening today that a trucker needs to know. (10 minutes)
II. A necessary evil and an act of charity
Oregon’s weight distance permits – you may not like them, but they’re a necessity. We’ll have what you need to know. Also, a group of truckers raises money to help needy trucking families. (14 minutes)
III. A bill that’s likely to get an icy reception with truckers
Pennsylvania is one step closer to fining truckers for simply having snow or ice on top their rigs. And a bill would require center-line rumble strips in Ohio. (14 ½ minutes)
IV. What’s on your ballot?
A ton of transportation-related issues are on ballots nationwide. We’ll tell you what is where. (9 ½ minutes)
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- View recent Safe Driving Award recipients: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- Contact OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing Department at 816-229-5791.
- Nominate families, make a donation or shop online to support Truckers Christmas Group.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Keep up-to-date and share your views with lawmakers on the Fighting for Truckers website.