Land Line Now, June 5, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The rules for tolling existing interstates would tighten under the proposed highway bill – we’ll explain. Also, we’ll offer up some Roses and Razzberries.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A Minneapolis trucker decides not to press charges; trucking still loses jobs in May, but not as many; and she doesn’t have anything better to complain about right now? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From a carrier supporting a food bank during the pandemic to some bad, rushed media coverage of an incident involving a trucker, we’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. Bovine and swine concerns
Jon Osburn is hearing familiar talk about freight, rates and brokers, plus some specific concerns from bovine and swine haulers.
IV. Tolling faces a roadblock
The rules for tolling existing interstates would tighten under the proposed highway bill; we’ll cover that, plus more details on issues such as underride guards.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Missoula, Mont. That’s at Exit 96 on Interstate 90. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.